Thursday, November 26, 2009

Foot, Foot, Feet

Hawaii day 4....
Sorry this is late i was sorta dieing last night and stuck in bed not allowed to move but, that story comes later. Yesterday was a rainy day and the waves were huge! Some of the biggest I have seen so far surfers were going crazy and there was a beautiful rainbow.


So yesterday was chosen as a beach day. We drove to a beach that had really good snorkeling and hung out there all day. I got to see a Gecko... well 2 Geckos. and and and I GOT TO TOUCH AND SWIM WITH A SEA TURTLE! He was cute I wanted to take him home. We bought and underwater camera but its the old school film kind so those pics wont make it up but they are awesome I saw Fin again but no Dory or Nemo and also a pink and blue fish (I wonder why they did not have that kind of fish in Finding Nemo). We got food for the fish and they would come right up to you but I was to scared to touch the fish but they were close.


Next came the cliff jumping.... Ej, Pierce, and Casey decided to go first while I sat below to take pictures. As I was sitting contemplating life I thought: "I will regret it later if I do not get up there and jump off and I made a promise, cant break a promise... I am soo going to hate this"


Good news... I did not hate it. Although I hated the whole climb up there barefoot in a swimsuit with crabs scuttling around and sharp jagged rocks stabbing into me and huge waves almost knocking me back in, I made it to the top. I looked over the edge at my impending doom and........... sat down. I made Pierce go first after he went I was alone.. they tried coaxing me from below but lo and behold I held my ground. Next Ej and Pierce climbed up. I cannot tell you how many timed they counted to 3 and I wouldn't go (good news: we know they can count to 3). So once the whole beach was watching me ( I don't know why there are planet sized sea turtles swimming next to them and they all choose to watch me) I decided I better jump, oh and because Casey was complaining about treading water for a whole 10 minutes and was going to die if I didn't jump. So I jumped into the jagged rocks and waves and....survived. Yes, I survived and actually liked everything after the freaking out. Sadly, I wish I would have jumped off a 70 ft cliff now vs. like 15 ft. so that my freak out would be more justified. If it helps I hate heights and diving boards. Here is a bit of documentation of my struggle with this jump.
(Ej & Pierce peer pressuring me.) (the jump I know it looks small there but I promise it wasnt that pathetic)

After this eventful ten minutes of my life we all did some body surfing and boogie boarding. I even tried to jump over a wave... it did not work it grabbed my ankles and I face planted. I'm getting a tally now of how many bruises I can get before the end of the trip. Well, once we got home and got all cleaned up I was laying on the couch and my foot started to itch and itch and itch and itch and itch! I took my sock off and it was a scary sight my foot was all swollen and covered in red bumps and hurt like no other, oh and did I mention it itched as well. We concluded it was either I got attacked by a sea urchin or hit something in the ocean that I was allergic to. So after a lot of Benadryl (my options apparently where: have someone pee on it which I denied, stab it with a needle which i also rejected, or pour vinegar on it.. the safer of the two but we had no vinegar) and a lot of ice which i have basically taped to my foot I was not healed but you can't feel anything when your foot is numb, it was great. This morning it is a little better the swelling went down and not all the red bumps but still itch and painful and hot. Yay for benadryl!!




The best part I ate fish and actually liked it we had Mahi (sp?) and Akau Tuna it was all Delicious and I ate it all. Today for thanksgiving we are going to be going to a Luau with hula and fire dancers and it will be amazing I cannot wait for now relaxing and more icing of my foot.

1 comment:

. said...

the underwater pictures can make it up.. its called scanning them into the computer. i can help you do it if you want. I bet they look rad.

Im sorry you almost died, but i also hope that you can still enjoy the rest of the trip. If me and jeff were there we would rescue you and give you a blessing.. well, jeff would, id be the mother figure that is crying through the blessing;D

Well i miss you.. bummed we dont get to drive back to logan. I guess its going to just be me and good ol Trey. lol