Day 2 In Hawaii....
Today started out bright and early (a.k.a. the butt crack of dawn, way to early for people to be awake, 4:30 AM). We got ready and made way to the deep sea fishing boat. I would like to mention how lovely it is to wake up that early walk outside in shorts and not be cold, not even chilly. It's an amazing feeling compared to Logan, Utah. So we loaded up and started heading to the deep sea.
On our way out guess what I saw......keep guessing.... A WHALE! yes, a real live swimming, eating, water blowing whale. it was amazing. I also saw dolphins, they swam right by our boat for awhile, as well as flying fish, and an eagle ray that was huge! Sadly, ocean wildlife is very difficult to take pictures of but I have good memories of it.
We were out at sea for about 8 hours and I loved every second of it. I was probably supposed to be a fish but instead I'm human and love the water, it took a lot of self control not to just jump in and start swimming around. We had 5 to 6 poles out at all times and all together caught 7 fish, tuna to be exact. For me they were huge! But according to Casey the fish come in much larger sizes than that but I was content with what we had. We all got to real in a fish which was really cool. If you are doing it wrong it is the craziest arm work out ever but if you are doing it right.. its still the craziest arm work out ever but a lot more fun!
The ocean is so beautiful and big..and blue. being on the boat was awesome. We were all a little worried about getting sea sick but none of us did. The only problem... the waves put me to sleep. I am not a nap taker but I literally took 5 naps today each about an hour long, and then came home and took another 2 and a half hour nap.. it was beautiful. and I also plan on going to bed right after this. Yay! for catching up on lost sleep.
After getting back we went down and got some free food the resort had and watched a hula hoop contest then.. yep you guessed it, I took a nap and it was amazing! After my nap we went down to the resorts restaurant and I had Kahali ( I most likely spelt that word wrong I hope I am not cussing in another language if I did) pork with cabbage... I love Hawaiian food. I also strongly dislike fish but these past 2 weeks I am really trying to accept it so I had a bit of a fish taco and tomorrow will be eating some of the fish we caught today. We will also be sleeping in and going to the aquarium I cannot wait :)
p.s. I got good news, I just got an email and I get to be a TA next semester for public speaking.. yayyyyayayayay!
1 comment:
DUDDDE! that so awesome you get to be a TA. that means you get paid for it huh?
and as oprah would say, "YOU GET A WHALE.. AND YOU GET A WHALE... YOU ALL GET HUMP! BACK! WHAAAAAAAALLLLLES!"
or shall i say dane said that..
Post a Comment