Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What I learned

I love Hawaii, love love love it!
Here are some cool little facts I learned while on this lovely vacation.
(her flower is on the right she is also the one that told us the first 2 facts on this list @ the luau)
#1: These flowers (as shown above) are not just stylish for your hair they resemble your relationship status. How does this work you might ask, well let me tell you.
If your flower is worn on the right side of your head it means you are single.
If your flower is worn on the left side of your head it means you are married or steadily seeing someone.
The bigger the flower the more desperate you are.

#2: If you see a couple and they are not tan or sun burnt they are honeymooners...genius!(hahaha get it?)


#3: Tiger sharks can grow to be up to 22ft tall....that's one big shark!

#4: When deep sea fishing after you hook your fish (if he/she is large in stature) you reel him in, this could take hours, and once you do they beat it over the head with a bludger looking thing to stun it.

(its the small bat underneath that white stand Casey is holding)


#5: Rainbows are a constant presence.... I saw more rainbows in one week then I have in my whole entire life.


#6: Mahalo means thanks you. Aloha means a lot of terms but mainly hello. (I prefer the Hawaiian language its very pretty)


#7: How we say Hawaii on the mainland is not how they pronounce it in Hawaii... it is pronounced Ha-vwi-y (or something similar)

#8: Pineapple fields/orchid things have trees in them. Leading to the conclusion that pineapples can grow on trees if they really wanted to. Thank you Dr. Aten.
#9: Hawaiian food is...amazing!


#10: Fish can have colds check out this poor guy....


#11: I am braver than I every thought possible (for more reasons then one)




No comments: