Sunday, November 22, 2009

The wave won that fight...

Day 1 in Hawaii.....
It all started out at 2:30 AM when our plane took off from Vegas. It was a 5 hour and 50 minute flight and I attempted to sleep through all of it, and after some blanket stealing pretty much succeeded. Then we got to Honolulu and waited an hour to get on a connector flight to Maui. On this flight I discovered the Island experience in a plastic cup
This juice is delectable if I were on an island I would drink it.. O wait I did!



After this lovely flying experience we got to the condo and got settled in, the view from the top is wonderful! You walk out the balcony and this is what you see everyday. The lord definitely knows how to make this world beautiful.







After getting settled in we made the drive to Lahaina to eat at Cheeseburger Paradise, eating a cheeseburger at cheeseburger paradise would be well..original, so I ate a grilled cheese sandwich. Not just your ordinary grilled cheese but an AMAZING grilled cheese on Hawaiian sweet bread. Yes sir/ma'am if you were ever curious on how that would taste it is wonderful and you should try it.



Next we walked around Lahaina looking in the shops and out at the ocean. I discovered that I love art galleries and that when I get young and rich (@ least that's what I hope for) I will cover my house with beautiful art and it will be beautiful..duh (particularly photography I wish I could have bought ever picture I saw there). O, I also realized art is insane amounts of money and would be a very good investment. I met a lot of crabs on the rocks, they were cool, my first real crab experience but I did not touch them no way, no way, they have pincher's.
(can you find Mr. crab in this picture? I promise he is there)


Next, we took a gander at the largest tree in the world... this tree looks like 50 trees but really it is 1 tree stemming from the same root, basically it would eat all other normal trees alive but I found it very beautiful and prime real estate for a dream tree house.



After the lovely little tree we drove back to the condo and decided it was prime time to go play on the beach. Well, I have never actually been in a real ocean I have dipped my feet into Huntington beach but it was sooo cold. Also, Washington and Oregon don't count ...apparently. I thought they did but other people tend to disprove this belief so with that in mind this was my first real ocean experience. My goal... just get my feet wet then go play tomorrow. The ocean had a different plan for me, standing there enjoying my nice foot soak when BAM WHAM! attack of the wave.

(the approaching wave is the culprit, luckily I am a swimmer since birth and did not freak out when I got laid out by a stinking wave)


So my plan over I decided I would just enjoy my play time in the ocean and swim around and it was amazing!!! I almost prefer it over the pool minus the looming idea of sharks. Now we are relaxing back at the condo after a really long day of play. So far Hawaii has done me justice & I am loving it. Here are some more pictures of the day and the sunset on the beach. Tomorrow will be deep sea fishing at 4:30 AM! and then hopefully cliff jumping (nothing to crazy just a promise to a certain someone that I feel obligated yet, excited to keep) Love you all xoxo





(The sunset on our beach) (me on the pier) (the pier)

(a look from the plane) (I liked this whole area) (bananas!! my goal.. to eat one)



1 comment:

. said...

ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY.
i pretty sure its a sin to envy people. but lets be honest here.. hawaii seems amazing. and i can not wait to go with my husband someday. because im pretty sure thats the only time i will have the opportunity to go. then we can "make love" as well.
ANYHOW! kayde i cannot believe you had never technically been in the ocean. DUDE, im going to have to take you body surfing sometime. i could do it for hours and hours.

WEll, im so happy for you to be there right now. I know you have been raving about the trip forever and you are officially there. I will eat some mashed potatoes for you. and wear sweaters for you while im at it:/ I wish i was half naked on the beach!

Love you girl!

p.s. the word verification to post this comment is "GENGARDO"... sounds like some kind of pasta that would be in a dish at olive garden.. ha (braised beef please)