Lately I have been pondering on a lot of circumstances that have come up and realized that time is never in my favor, ever.
I have realized though that the harder I try to fight my issue with timing and attempt to make my goals work the way I want them to I get these hints and reminders that the lord knows what he wants for me and even though I may not want certain circumstances to happen they usually do, and in the end I need to realize that they always end up for the better.
Yesterday, as I was meandering about on my computer a came across this quote I had saved that really pertained to my life and an issue that has been on my mind lately with timing and life plans.
"You have your plans and your life has its own plans and sometimes you may get lucky and those plans match up and other times you may get lucky and not even know it." -Ishmeal Beah
Another topic about timing came up recently when my good friend bore her testimony in church about timing and how the lord will open doors for us and sometimes we may think its not the right time but then later as we look back we discover it was perfect timing and the lord knew it and we just didn't. These are usually the moments in our life that have the biggest impact.
I can vouch for this many times over. When we moved so much in high school none of that timing I thought felt right at all I just wanted to stay in one High school with one group of friends and I would fight it every time yet, looking back I gained so many excellent learning experiences from all the places I've been. The move I tried to fight the most to Vegas was the one that taught me the most and I loved the most. Lately more than a few circumstances have arisen where time is just not working how I had planned (not all of them are bad in any way its just still at an awkward time), one of these including liking Logan, Ut and wanting to stay there for school. None of these were in my little checklist of things to do but, Ive decided that's ok. I have faith that no matter what it will work out, the lord has really proven that he has a better future perspective then I do, and I am going to stop fighting my whole big life long issue with timing and have faith that it will work out how it is supposed to.

Sooo... conclusion bring it on time defying problems I am ready to take you head on and forget how bad of a time you are coming at.
Have you ever had an issue where all the timing felt wrong but, it still happened and it ended up being right as you looked back in life? OR A time when you tried to fight the timing and in the end either regretted not going for it or let it happen and realized it was one of the best decisions you have ever made? I would love to hear about it.
(I fought being at Utah State with all my might last year and this year I love it I love the school, I love the student involvement, I love Aggie basketball, I love my best friend Lori as well as all my other friends there, I DONT love the snow..don't even miss it, I love Old Main. I just needed to change my attitude and how I looked at my situation, Ive experience this problem a lot but I don't think I have talked about applying my knowledge until now.)
3 comments:
I love you Kayde :)
yes yes yes.. i agree on all of this. The logan thing has panned out for us. Which is so great. Its weird to think that if we werent in logan we wouldnt know erik, jeff, jerd, josie, annaleisa, etc. and i cant even imagine not having them in my life right now. PLUS, we never would have had a fashion show in the snow without good ol' Jerd. lol
Im glad i got to share the "longing for vegas" with someone... because lets face it.. i always will, but now i love logan too. Just a different love. im never gonna be a small town girl. But i can fake like i am. lol
I love you girl!
I fought getting married! Yes I know that seems strange now, but I was so young and didn't feel ready. I almost called the wedding off several times, but now I look back and realize it was perfect timing. I also fought being a mom. I DID NOT want to have a baby, but the Lord knew better and now I have four beautiful children. I still get weirded out that Haylee is 6, but I would never give her or any of the others back, besides Grandpa changed towards me after Haylee was born, we became closer, so it was perfect timing, I just didn't realize it!
Post a Comment