Monday, June 21, 2010

Lets Talk

First of all this is the worst phrase you will ever hear in a relationship...usually. That is besides the point though, I actually just want to share a lovely quote.

"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore it is vital that we serve each other."
-Spencer W. Kimball

Smart man smart man, and something I needed to hear; I am now off to a week full of service towards strangers and those most important to me.

This weekend I had the opportunity to take a day off work and go to Casper, Wyoming (it's a much bigger place than you think) to see and meet some very amazing people. I had a pretty fun time and learned a bit of new information, as well as getting a lot to think about.

I learned that selling security is a very very hard job and I would not want to do it everyday for the summer. I am much better at coloring in coloirng books with little kids and making friends with dogs, while Chris sells security, which he is very good at, and I am not. It is not for the faint of heart thats for sure. I was secretly having a minature heart attack everytime we knocked on a new door, while I imagined that someone would come out with a machette and attempt to kill us. (Don't tell Chris, I really tried to act and look brave; and since I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this, we are ok there)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I learned that I love antique shopping in Casper there are some precious jewels waiting to be discovered in the Antique Mall that resides there. Mindy and I spent over 6 hours Antique shopping and I basically found my new favorite person to talk with and shop with. It was such a blast! (the precious earings I found to be talked about and pictured later)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I learned that when guys are together with a bunch of other guys they have this weird tendency to act really, just weird, and a bit gay(that is a huge understatment) around eachother. It's actually a blast to listen to and watch. Such silly boys.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I learned that I will never go swimming in the Wyoming river because it is like swimming in a bath of dry ice; and mom says never to touch dry ice so I listen to what mom says... for the most part.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I discovered that car wash water fights are the best kind and will be way more intense next time.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
And last but not least I need to take more pictures. I am a very lucky girl.And cannot wait for next weeks episode of the bachelorette! Yes Please! Can we talk about how much I just love Roberto, Frank, and Kurt...that is all.

2 comments:

sarahjane_72 said...

I AGREE! those 3 are my favorites. I love that show so much :)

Katie said...

i used to LIVE in casper, wyoming. for 5 years- from when i was 11 to 16 years old. its a fun place and i really need to go back and visit sometime.