Saturday, June 12, 2010

To many options

I love being home in Vegas. So many people complain about the +115 weather but I am just soaking it up. I love having tan lines all over the place from different swimsuits. I love working out in the pool for 2 to 6 hours a day and I love wearing shorts at night and not freezing to death. I love my students they are such a blast to teach and can always make me smile.

The one problem with soaking up the things I love is that besides having 5 different shades of skin my hair turns dry and brittle from being out in the sun for 6 or so hours and the chlorine then showering every 12 hours or less. This kind of treatment is just not good for a girls hair. It is probably the number one way to make your hair jank nasty. Last summer I learned firsthand that having the regular conditioner and shampoo will just not make my hair soft and shiny after such harsh treatment. So prior to starting my next week out in the sun I went shampoo and conditioner shopping.
My brain almost exploded.
Once upon a time in my small shampoo and conditioner world there existed one brand, Herbal Essences. Sadly this brand was not good enough to fix my summer hair. Leading me to discover a whole new world where there are over 1,000 brands of shampoo and conditioner.

(multiply this picture by 1million and you can see my predicament)
I spent over 30 minutes in the shampoo and conditioner isle completely confused on what brand will really fix my hair for the summer. After my brain exploding I decided the best way to fix this problem would be to call one of my friends who does hair and ask her what the best type of shampoo and conditioner would be. She told me and I bought it having full faith that dropping enough money to buy myself 4 new outfits would make for some amazing hair. We will see how this big purchase works. Next weeks extravaganza....purchasing good face wash.
Computer update: I got it back from the computer doctor but that same day it was broken again so I took it in for a diagnostic and they called today and have to ship if off for 6 weeks!!! 6 weeks. I don't have it in my to purchase a mac yet because I am soo hooked on my PC but BestBuy is not helping me want my PC very much right now..basically I will be computer less until I go back to school unless I am sold by a Mac.
So in conclusion, do you know any good face wash? and convince me to buy a Macbook Pro..ready go!

2 comments:

Madison Beyers said...

ehhhh huh... (clearing of the throat)

1) Face wash- Basis.
It is the only way to go. You may be able to find it in LV, but I stock up every year when i go to florida. You can order it online too. It is magic. Very light and very clean.

2)Mac Book Pro- YES.
Without this beautiful creation, I would not be commenting on this very blog. It is my best friend. When no one else understands.... MAC does!!! User friendly, amazing graphics and features, and more memory and storage than every thought possible.

LOVE YOU.

Megan Allen said...

Honestly, as far as swim hair goes... I have the blondest of blonde hair, which means it goes green. I love the $0.99 Suave clarifying shampoo and conditioner... So cheap, but works great.