Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Prayer

Vegas is the best place to Celebrate the 4th of July there is only one reason for this.

I can sit on my balcony with the family and watch over 50 firework shows at one time its amazing and a beautiful show with all the hotels lighting off their fireworks from the strip absolutely perfect!


This 4th of July I had the privilege of sitting in primary with all the kids and heard one of the best prayers by the cutest little girl who was about 4 or 5 and in a huge frilly red dress. Here is how it went: (word for word)

"Dear Heavenly Father, Please bless we don't go crazy. Tonight at fireworks bless they wont come out of the sky and catch me on fire. Please take my brother back I don't like him. Thank you for the flag. Amen"
Needless to say I bet Heavenly Father was laughing just as hard as we were.

This was a good 4th of July and the first one I have spent with my family in 5 years!! I do miss it. Although at the end of the night we had a bit of a scare. I was walking out the front door looking for my cat and as I stepped out I saw something HUGE scuttle passed my foot. I screamed and jumped then slammed the door so whatever it was would not get in the house. By this time the whole neighborhood was watching since fireworks were being done in front of our house.

I went inside to grab a few friends and show them just how large this...thing was. (if I didn't mention...it was HUGE!!!!) We were all huddled around looking at it on my doorstep when my mom opens the door... At this time I feel like a dialog is the only appropriate way to continue this story.
Myself and a 4 other girls: NOOOO DON'T OPEN THE DOOR IT WILL GET IN CLOSE IT FAST! (all of this said as a scream)
Door closes


Door opens again
Myself and girls: NOOOO!! WE ARE SERIOUS THIS THING IS HUGE CLOSE THE DOOR.
Marie: Kayde, can I squash it?
Kayde: Marie no way are you crazy that thing will go through your shoe!!
The HUGENESS scuttles away.
Kayde: Marie I think we are good you open the door and we all run in.
Door opens...the hugeness scuttles towards door.
The Hugeness enters the house...
Kayde, Mom, Girls, Brandon (the brother):OMYGOSH!! ITS IN THE HOUSE THAT THING IS HUGE HURRY GET IT OUT GET IT OUT!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSS AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH GGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
The girlie screaming even from Brandon continues throughout this whole 20 minute ordeal.
Brandon comes running into the entryway with Febreeze trying to spray it. The hugeness gets angry...
At this point Brandon is running around with Febreeze screaming like a girl... I am hiding behind the couch with the other girls peeking out and my mom is screaming something about a creature of heavenly father and not to squish it but just herd it outside to eat cockroaches.(did I mention this thing is HUGE...and unidentifiable)
Suddenly Woody (German Shepherd..the puppy one) decided it looks pretty tasty and attempts to eat it.
We all scream again...
He drops THE HUGENESS and suddenly 5 BILLION (not exaggerating)little things come flying off its back and go scuttling around the house...hello Indiana Jones experience.
This thing had babies and now they were infesting our house. The one good thing...THE HUGENESS had lost all of its extra weight, we scared the babies right out of it, and realized that it was a spider the size of a baseball.
After more screaming and freaking out Brandon floods the house with a container of spider, cockroach, and any other nasty bug poison. The whole time my mom is still screaming about not killing the hugeness. In the end it died and so did all its babies.
I did feel a little sad for the poor massive momma spider until that night when I woke up 6 times from dreams about little spiders crawling all over me. All in All it was pretty eventful night and a lot of fun.

My attempt at sparkler writing. D was the only letter that would work... o and C, K's are just way to hard. To bad I don't spell my name Cayde I would be sparkler queen.

Patriotic Fingers and toes one of the best ways to celebrate the 4th of July.

Fireworks from the balcony with Marie and the Boehme's.


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY AMERICA!

1 comment:

Megan Allen said...

Little kid prayers are the BEST! I taught Sunbeams for awhile and that was my favorite part.