Thursday, September 23, 2010

Guess who's back

After over 4 months of Vegas lovin I have decided I better get back to the world of blogger.
Here is my story.

Wyoming....eats your soul!!!!
After making 3 lovely plane rides down to the town of Casper & Gillette, Wyoming. I decided, it was not that bad. Until..... Lori and I decided to drive to Gillette Wyoming one lovely Labor Day.


10 hours.... 10 long hours of pure torture.
2 lane road
nasty smoking old men hitting on you from their cars or in gas stations
Getting lost in ghost town Wyoming at midnight
Really slow buses and semi's that I am just to scared to pass.
Lori playing kiss me through the phone the whole way there.
Why you might be asking, why would I subject myself to such torture?
For a hunk of a man name Chris who is currently selling his soul in Wyoming, poor guy. 

At this point in the story I would now like to introduce GiGi into the blogging world. Her full name is Gertrude Gale Garmin and she is the GPS Chris so lovingly bought me after I got lost in Wyoming. GiGi is now my constant car companion and tells me everywhere to go. Lori, GiGi and I developed a tight knit bond on the long drive back to Logan. I am forever indebted to Chris for helping me never get lost again.

I now reside in a house with 10 amazing roommates....yes that is a lot of girls with only 2 bathrooms. No we have not gotten into a fight, I can hardly even tell they are here sometimes and we all love each other!  

& although my bed does not rock as much as my bed at home it still holds a special place in my heart.
Lori and I decided to be red necks for a day because, it was crucial that I have a mattress before the end of the night and there was just not a truck in sight. Luckily we summoned all our brain power and decided this was the best way to get the mattress home....
Just kidding!!!! we got a little bit more redneck then that and got my jumper cables out of the trunk and strung them on top while Lori held each side through the window. Only a true best friend would do this. 
Lesson learned: Next serious purchase I make will probably be a truck.

Last weekend Lori and I decided to pack up and leave the streets of Logan for a nice girls weekend out in Salt Lake. The best part....Staying with Chani or course and then......
Fun. in concert!!!

Lori snagged this beautiful shot from my phone. Yes it was amazing. Yes Fun. did play a Format song "Dog Problems" which made the concert rock even more. Yes we did get free snow cones, 

and yes the concert was outside. All of this equals up to how amazing the weekend was!

Last but not least... 
Life as an Aggie
I am back to being an Aggie again meaning lots of hours spent on the 3rd floor planning events & doing service, school work, and now amazing friends and roommates to spend my time with. Aggie football is back in season and is, well... as good as last year and we still love them. Ben, Trent, Lori, and I spend almost every waking moment together and have Sunday dinners together every Sunday (our tradition carried on from last year).
All in all life as an Aggie is just great minus the gaping hole named Chris that is not back yet from selling his soul in Wyoming. Once he gets back my life as an Aggie will continue.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you are back to blogging :)
i just love you.

Channi said...

Ummmm....I love you!

Trent Morrison said...

Love this WOMAN!

Mary + Trey said...

haha i love the picture of the mattress!!