Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fear...

Once upon a time a whole whopping 9 years ago I was 10 years old and doing gymnastics and cheer..... One day during open gym my coach was working directly with me on getting a front handspring into the foam pit, push came to shove...literally and I ended up hurting my neck crying in the ball pit. From then on out I have been deathly afraid of tumbling and went through cheer leading not being a tumbler, just a flier.


Fast forward 9 years in the future.....
Today I walked into a gym that looked somewhat like this and begin my first gymnastics class since I was 10. Luckily I did not have a panic attack or any other serious calamity while in my class. I actually had a lot of fun I was really nervous but I got over it and was able to practice my round offs and started doing handstands (I have never been able to do those). soo... moral of the story, face your fears it may be fun aaaannnddddddd I plan on learning a back handspring before I graduate, I will let you know how that goes.
As for Spring semester.. it has started out very busy with applications and a full 18 credit schedule as well as Robins Awards planning, presidents cabinet, and HASS council. I am also a TA for public speaking and do 2 labs for it so far I am absolutely in love with it and would be a TA forever if I could.

1 comment:

. said...

yessss. now that is a better attitude towards gymnastics.. you WILL get your back handspring!!! woot woot!

p.s. the word verification to post this is "coast"... as in the beach. i miss the beach. WARM beach. mmm. mm.